Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Introduction

My name is Alexandra Loring, nickname since birth: Lexi. I'm a Communications Major, Writing Minor interested in pursuing a career in either Broadcast Journalism or Public Relations, but frankly I would be most happy traveling the world for a living ( wouldn't so many of us) if it were practical.

I've grown up immersed in art with an appreciation for the little things in life that are too often overlooked. This is due to not only personal struggles and health challenges but how I've been raised and my sensitive side by nature. I'm very passionate and aware, always digging deeper and looking to soak up as much of life's beauty as I possibly can.

Travel, literature, art and text have always magnetized me. From a young age my Aunt, a very talented artist, inspired my interest and still does to this day in all things artistic and culturally enriching.

My perfectionist mentality often battles with the bubbling artist inside of me. I think extremely visually. I see compositions wherever I walk, whether it's related to landscape or portrait- I'm often snapping away or jotting down thoughts. Quite often my thoughts or too elaborate and I don't give myself enough time with pen or pencil to enscribe or detail and shadow the series of events.

Art to me is a therapy, a release, and the best way to be in touch with not only yourself but the rest of the world.

Creative by nature and constantly learning, I'm excited to take this course, not only because it was an appealing Honors option but even more importantly, because it pertains to a timeless and fascinating subject while also discussing the modern twist of developing technologies.

I'm much more hands on with art; I don not have much practice with graphic design but I thoroughly enjoy writing, photography, sketching, charcoal, molding, collaging and acostic painting; I'm always open to new ideas and mediums and I'm looking forward to learning about the evolution of multimedia and transformation of art over the ages.

I have a full semester of credits and know that this COM 211 H, Art & Tech class will do wonders paired with my COM 390 H Ethnicity in Film & Lit and COM 350 Sex and Seduction of Early American Literature. I already see a lot of overlapping themes that I'm excited to interconnect to get the most out of what I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment